The International Marathon “ALEXANDER THE GREAT” is conducted annually.
The 15th International Marathon “ALEXANDER THE GREAT” – bwin will be conducted on Sunday, November 29th 2020.
- Marathon Race: The starting point is at Pella’s Central Square (pedestrian road) in front of the statue “ALEXANDER THE GREAT”. Sunday, November 29th 2020, Starting Time: 08:00
- 10km Health and Power Walking Race: The starting point is at the Municipal Stadium of Ampelokipi-Menemeni, 157 28th Oktovriou Street. Sunday, November 29th 2020, Starting Time: 09:00
- 5km Health and Power Walking Race: The race starts at the City Hall of Thessaloniki. Sunday, November 29th 2020, Starting Time: 13:00.
- 5km Women Run: The race starts at the City Hall of Thessaloniki. Sunday, November 29th 2020 Starting Time: 13:20
- 1km Race Of Primary School Students: The race starts from the waterfront of Thessaloniki, approximately at the Aristotelous Square. Sunday, November 29th 2020, Starting Time: 09:10
You can register
- Online: atgm.gr
- Send the printed application form via fax on 2310-200361, MEAS TRITON or via email in email@example.com
- In person: at the Central Offices of the International Marathon “ Alexander The Great” National Kaftanzoglio Stadium, Extension of Agiou Dimitriou Street: tel (+30)2310200360
In order to complete your registration you need to deposit the participation fee after you sent the application. Ways of payment:
- Online by credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO) when registering on the official website
- Deposit to the following bank account: National Bank of Greece, IBAN: GR6401102170000021729601332 (M.E.A.S TRITON), Swift code: (BIC) ETHNGRAA
- Cash payment at the Central Offices of the Organization (National Kaftanzoglio Stadium, Agiou Dimitriou Extension, zip code 54638), Monday – Friday: 09:00-21:00, Saturday: 11:00 – 14:00
Confirmation emails are sent within 3 working days from the moment you complete your registration and you have proceeded to the payment of the participation fee with success. If you still haven’t received the e-mail:
- Check the spam file
- Be sure you have sent all the documents required if you have applied for a discount registration.
If you still don’t receive the e-mail please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone: (+30) 2310200360
Cancellations may be accepted only after written notification and only in case such a written notification is sent to the Organizing Committee before March 12, 2020. After that date no cancellation request is accepted. In case of confirmed cancellation, the registration fee is refunded to the applicant, given that 2 euros are deducted for operational handling reasons. All refund requests are processes about one month after the event
All the participants that have completed their registration will receive an e-mail with the participation number (bib number) approximately ten days before the race.
All the participants have to pick up their bib number and the runner’s pack exclusively from the Registration Center.
Place: Will be announced at the official website
Date: Thursday 26.11.2020 from 13:00 to 19:00, Friday 27.11.2020 and Saturday 28.11.2020 from 10:00 to 19:00.
The Marathon & the 10000m runners should have their plastic bags (containing clothing and personal items) already handed over at the special vehicles next to the starting arc, at least 50 min before each race’s starting time. After the finish line, by showing their BIB Number, runners will pick up their bags from a specially arranged area after the Support section, near the K.Karamanlis statue. 5.000m: The 5000m runners should hand over their plastic bags at the finish line, nearby K.Karamanlis Statue, where they will later pick it up from by showing their BIB Number. The runners, after handing over their personal items, will get to the starting point (Thessaloniki City Hall) either on foot or during warm-up
The finish line for all races is at Niki’s Avenue (coastal road) approximately at the statue of Alexander the Great
Unofficial results will be announced on our official website after the end of the Race, giving the opportunity to any runner to raise any objections within the next ten workdays. The official results for all categories will be announced on our website about fifteen workdays after the race.
Right after the announcement of the official results you will be able to print your personal certification from our official website: www.thessalonikihalfmarathon.org
Photos of the race you can find at our official website where there will be a link which will lead you to the website of our official photography partner. There you will be able to find your personal photos.