The 15th International Marathon “ALEXANDER THE GREAT” will be conducted on Saturday 11th and on Sunday 12th of April 2020.
- Marathon: The starting point of the marathon is at the central of Pella in front of the statue “ALEXANDER THE GREAT”, PELLA. Starting Time: 08:00.
- 10.000m: The race begins in front of the Municipal Stadium of Ampelokipi-Menemeni, Thessaloniki. Starting Time: 08:45.
- 5.000m: The race starts in front of Thessaloniki City Hall. Starting Time: 12:00.
- 1.000m:The race starts in front of Nikis Avenue, Aristotelous Square. Starting Time: 08:45
You can register
In order to complete your registration you need to deposit the participation fee after you sent the application. Ways of payment:
- Online by credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO) when registering on the official website
- Deposit to the following bank account: National Bank of Greece, IBAN: GR6401102170000021729601332 (M.E.A.S TRITON), Swift code: (BIC) ETHNGRAA
- Cash payment at the Central Offices of the Organization (National Kaftanzoglio Stadium, Agiou Dimitriou Extension, zip code 54638), Monday – Friday: 09:00-21:00, Saturday: 11:00 – 14:00
Confirmation emails are sent within 3 working days from the moment you complete your registration and you have proceeded to the payment of the participation fee with success. If you still haven’t received the e-mail:
- Check the spam file
- Be sure you have sent all the documents required if you have applied for a discount registration.
If you still don’t receive the e-mail please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com or via telephone: (+30) 2310200360
Cancellations may be accepted only after written notification and only in case such a written notification is sent to the Organizing Committee before March 12, 2020. After that date no cancellation request is accepted. In case of confirmed cancellation, the registration fee is refunded to the applicant, given that 2 euros are deducted for operational handling reasons. All refund requests are processes about one month after the event
All the participants that have completed their registration will receive an e-mail with the participation number (bib number) approximately ten days before the race.
All the participants have to receive their participation package with the bib number exclusively from the Registration Center.
Place: The place will be announced at the official site of the race
Registration Center: Thursday 9.4.2020 from 13:00 to 19:00, Friday 10.4.2020 from 10:00 to 19:00 and Saturday 11.4.2020 hours: 10:00 – 18:00.
The Marathon & the 10000m runners should have their plastic bags (containing clothing and personal items) already handed over at the special vehicles next to the starting arc, at least 50 min before each race’s starting time. After the finish line, by showing their BIB Number, runners will pick up their bags from a specially arranged area after the Support section, near the K.Karamanlis statue. 5.000m: The 5000m runners should hand over their plastic bags at the finish line, nearby K.Karamanlis Statue, where they will later pick it up from by showing their BIB Number. The runners, after handing over their personal items, will get to the starting point (Thessaloniki City Hall) either on foot or during warm-up
The finish line for all races is at Niki’s Avenue (coastal road) approximately at the statue of Alexander the Great
Unofficial results will be announced on our official website after the end of the Race, giving the opportunity to any runner to raise any objections within the next ten workdays. The official results for all categories will be announced on our website about fifteen workdays after the race.
Right after the announcement of the official results you will be able to print your personal certification from our official website: www.thessalonikihalfmarathon.org
Photos of the race you can find at our official website where there will be a link which will lead you to the website of our official photography partner. There you will be able to find your personal photos.